In today’s Baker City real estate market, anything a seller can do to improve a property’s saleability improves the chances of attracting a buyer. Here’s a quick Seller’s Tip from the Wall Street Journal:
Staging a yard can give a home the all-important, buyer-pleasing curb appeal. Here are some suggestions that are both inexpensive and easy:
- Make it green. Balancing the pH level and feeding the lawn lots of nutrients will give it a lush and healthy look.
- Trim trees and shrubbery. Overgrown branches hide a home’s good looks.
- Mulch everything. Mulch gives flowerbeds visual appeal.
- Edge the beds. Edging makes everything look neat.
- Powerwash the siding, sidewalks, and patios. Power washing gets rid of all the winter grunge.
- Plant annuals. Lots of geraniums, impatients, and petunias brighten up the look.
- Plant a garden. If the Obama’s can do it, so can everyone else.
- Hang a hammock. It suggests life is easy.
Source: The Wall Steet Journal, June Fletcher (04/03/2009)